What is FoodBank
Crisis can hit any of us at any time whereby the money we expect to have doesn't turn up, or some other financial difficulty hits. This is particularly true for those who depend upon Benefits.
We therefore give basic food parcels to people in desperate need to tide them over the immediate crisis.
Some are homeless, and while we cannot continue to support indefinitely, we try to help with something, and to give a cup of tea or coffee while they are with us.
Monday and Thursday mornings from 10.30am - 12.00am
There is a Job Advisor every week from 11.30am until 1.00pm offering help with job seeking, CV writing, interview techniques, etc.
On the 3rd Thursday of each month a representative from Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council's Housing Department will also be available to help with advice and enquires.
How you can help.
Gifts of suitable goods and toiletries are always welcome and needed, and we encourage you to add an item or two to your regular shopping to help keep the store cupboard stocked. The following can be used and are always in demand:
- Tea Bags, Coffee, Milk (Long Life or powdered), Fruit Juice (Long Life or cartons), Sugar.
- Soup, Baked Beans, Chopped Tomatoes.
- Pasta (500g bags), Pasta sauce, Rice (500g bags or boil in bag).
- Meat, Fish, Potatoes, Vegetables,
- Fruit, Rice puddings, Sponge pudding and custard.
- Small boxes of cereal, snack bars, Jam, Marmalade, Butter/Margarine, Biscuits/crackers.
- Male/Female specific toiletries and General toiletries
Tins & packets only. Please avoid, where possible, passing out-of-date or damaged items to us. Thank you.